This article is intended for you to get invoicing with GeoOp quickly and easily. For a fuller breakdown of some of the features mentioned below, and some more advanced invoicing concepts (quoting and actuals etc) please see our article Invoicing Advanced.
GeoOp allows you to record Charges (time spent and parts used) against a Job, and you can do this either on the mobile devices or via the web console. These Charges then enable your invoicing system to make the actual invoice.
GeoOp doesn't currently create invoices within the program itself. The actual invoice creation is left to the accounting packages GeoOp works with, and they do it very well. So to create invoices, you must either have an integrated accounting service like Xero or Freshbooks, or you can export Comma Separated Value (CSV) files for you to work with in any way you wish.
- Integration: Firstly, if you have any accounting service you can integrate with GeoOp, this should be done immediately. Go to Settings > Company Info > Integrations and follow the instructions.
- Charge Rates: To record work time on Jobs, you must first set Charge Rates up for your Staff to select. See our article on Charge Rates for more details.
- Parts: You can also set up Parts lists for your Staff to add as Charges to Jobs. Go to Jobs > Parts to add Parts records, or import Parts list from either CSV file or your chosen integration.
- Adding Charges: On any Job you have created, you can add Charges easily either via the web console or mobile app. Individual Charges can be added as 'Billable' or not, depending on whether you wish to include them on your resulting invoice.
- Invoice! You can invoice 'Billable' Charges at any point you wish during a Job, even splitting them up into multiple invoices as required.
Invoicing via MYOB export or CSV export
If invoicing to MYOB, ensure you have activated your MYOB integration in step 1 above. Then simply go to Jobs > Invoicing, and search for any Job you wish to invoice. Billable Charges will display for you to select as required. Ensure you have chosen the right Charge items, then simply click Create Run. Your Invoice Run will display when created, for you to export as required.
Invoicing to Xero or Freshbooks
Go to Jobs > Invoicing, and search for any Job you wish to invoice. Billable Charges will display for you to select as required. Ensure you have chosen the right Charge items, then simply click Create Run. If you have an integration with Xero or Freshbooks, your Invoice Run will be sent to them automatically at this point, and copies of the generated invoices will be attached to your Jobs when done.
Note: You can create invoices with either of these services directly from the Time & Parts tab of an individual Job in the web console, or directly from Android or iPad devices. See the video links on our Invoicing Advanced article for further details.
Xero Note: Invoices generated will be located in 'Draft' invoices in Xero, unless you have ticked the 'Approve Invoices' box on your GeoOp Invoicing screen prior to generating the Invoice Run. You can also approve invoices directly from your mobile devices.